Community Rooms - Terms and Conditions of Hire
The Community Rooms are a fantastic community owned asset and we’d love your cooperation to keep them in perfect condition so that our community can enjoy them for years to come. With that in mind, we ask that anyone hiring the room is at least 18 years old and agrees to the following:
- Please be responsible, look after the building and the people in it.
- Be mindful of the insurance policies, don’t be reckless and carry out any activity that might void these. You’ll need to arrange your own public liability cover if your event is for a business purpose.
- Alcohol, music or other licences must be obtained by you if necessary for your booking.
- Fire regulations are in place for your safety – please be compliant with them.
- General good housekeeping will preserve the space. So we ask that you don’t smoke in the premises, store tables and chairs after use, take away your litter and clean the floors and surfaces with the materials available. There are dishwashers available, please put everything back in the cupboards after you’ve used it.
- Generally, please leave everything as you find it, otherwise we’ll need to charge a cleaning fee of £100. You’re also responsible for any damage to décor or property.
- The Community Rooms are situated within a library, so we ask that you keep noise to a minimum while the library is open and because we’re in a residential area no music should be played after 10pm.
- Should you wish to watch live TV please note that the venue does not hold a TV licence so you must hold your own appropriate licenses.
- In the event of an emergency, contact the emergency services and the TGLL contact whose number will be given at the time of booking.
- If for any reason beyond the control of TGLL, TGLL has to cancel the booking, a refund of any deposit will be paid but TGLL will have no liability for cancellation of the planned event.
- Cancellation fees:
14 days prior notice: 10% of the fee
Less than 14 days notice: 50% of the fee.